Fungal Biotec (FGBT) publishes reviews, research articles, methodology papers and other research which are relevant to fungal biotechnology. The official journal language is English.
Manuscript preparation - General requirements
A proper and quick processing of your manuscript requires a clean manuscript regarding both its scientific content and its formatting. Detailed information on the layout/template can be found in 'Template_FGBT' or download the most recently published papers.
Generally, the main text in the manuscript, including legends to illustrations, should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt, single-spaced throughout. Latin names of genera and species must be italicized. Hyphena-tion must be avoided throughout (switch off automatic hyphenation).
No special formatting options should be used. All pages should be numbered in the bottom right corner of each page. After the acceptance of a paper with new scientific names, authors must register the names in Index Fungorum and obtain Index Fungorum number for each new name (see www.indexfungorum.org) and FGBT (for each taxa, see www.facesoffungi.org).
Submission of manuscripts
Please submit your manuscript electronically as e-mail attachments.
Fungal Biotec will accept only manuscripts that fit the regulations of the journal. Manuscripts, which are not prepared according to our template, will be sent back for reformatting. See 'Template_FGBT'.
Electronic submission guidelines
A word file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates,
Names, affiliations and emails of three potential referees mentioned in body of the email.
Important: The plates and tables should be placed in the text at the appropriate point where you would like to see them published
Submission of revised manuscripts
Accepted papers must be revised and submitted by carefully following the formatting instructions and submitted as a revised final version ready for publication with high quality figures and tables. If the manuscript has not been structured/formatted in the journal style it will be sent back for further formatting.
Figures in the revised version should be sent separately as JPEG files. Electronic figures must be captured at or above 300 dpi resolution. Single photographs that need mounting together are not acceptable.
No charge is made by FGBT for publication even for colour plates.
Tables, Figures and legends
Prepare tables with the table format feature of your word processor and ensure that each data entry is in its own cell; do not use tabs, spaces, graphics and boxes. Tables (and illustrations) must be referred to in the text.
Please note that all terms in the top-line and the left column must begin with a capital letter. Do not use vertical lines in the table.
All entries should be left-aligned. For mere numerical data align the columns of numbers by their decimal points using word processor decimal tabs. Also, place a zero before the decimal point of numbers less than 1 (e.g. 0.1)
Please develop the format of references according to the Template_FGBT. All citations should be listed alphabetically in the ‘References’ see the format of references in template. In the text, authors should be cited chronologically. Use correct symbols at correct places.
Proofs will be sent as PDF files to the author by email. They must be checked and returned within five working days. FGBT team cannot be held responsible for errors not pointed out within five days by the authors.
1. Manuscripts will be sent to the EIC to consider whether the manuscript is suitable for publication in Fungal Biotec
2. If the manuscript is deemed suitable it will be sent to a handling editor
3. The handling editor will send the paper for peer review by at least two indepentent reviewers.
4. The reviewers will send their recommendations to the handling editor
5. The handling editor will recommend minor revisions, major revisions, acceptance, resubmission, or decline the manuscript and following improvements to the paper and possible further peer review, return the finalised manuscript and decision to the EIC
6. The EIC will make the final decision over acceptance and if accepted forward the final revised manuscript to the managing editor to prepare the final proofs
Authors are encouraged to deposit their papers online and make them freely downloadable. They can also use their data and publish it elsewhere without permission from Fungal Biotec. We have adopted a Creative Commons Copyright License applicable to this site.
Volume 4 - 2024 issue 1
1. The first record of Daldinia eschscholtzii on Phegopteris species from Northern Thailand
Gunarathne et al. (2024)
Volume 3 - 2023
1. Cultivation of Pleurotus pulmonarius utilizing substrates derived from local agricultural waste
Anukwuorji et al. (2023)
Volume 2 - 2022
3. Effect of silver nanoparticles on the growth of Colletotrichum spp. and Nigrospora sp.
Dragoni-Rosado et al. (2022)
2. Endophytic fungi of agarwood and their chemical compounds: a review
Zhang SY et al. (2022)
1. The endophytic fungi of Aquilaria sinensis from southern China
Du et al. (2022)
Volume 1 - 2021 issue 1
3. Aspergillus quadrilineatus revealed to be fungicolous on Phlebopus spongiosus from northern Thailand
Gajanayake et al. (2021)
Volume 1 - 2021 special issue
7. Cultivation and identification of blazeispirols of Agaricus campestroides and A. flocculosipes
Chuankid et al. (2021)